1. What Type of projects are you involved in?
CPC is involved in producing commercial projects such as individual and strip shops, shopping centres, mid rise and high rise buildings. CPC industrial projects include warehouses and factories. We also construct individual houses, basements, medium and high density residential apartments.
2. Do you make hollowcore walls or floor planks?
CPC currently do not produce hollowcore products.
3. Do you make prestressed products?
4. Do you carry out works such ‘insitu’ floor slabs and driveways?
5. Do you make garden gnomes, bird baths and pavers?
No, CPC do not manufacture these products. You can find these products at your local nursery, garden supplier or hardware store.
6. What panel thickness do you manufacture?
CPC can produce any panel thickness. However, standard thicknesses are 150mm, 180mm , 200mm and Thermomass panels 265mm.
7. Can I get a copy of some standard precast details for my studies?
Refer to NPCAA and other reference material such as “Precast Concrete Handbook’ and/or “Industry Standard Precast and Tilt Up Concrete Building’ – Information about guidelines for a safe working environment.
8. What size panel can you manufacture?
There are many variables that influence panel size. Some of them are site location, transport and regulator restrictions. Generally no more than 3mtrs X 8mtrs.
9. What sorts of finishes can you provide?
CPC can provide a range of finishes from broom, smooth, polished, flat, exposed aggregate, bush, hammered, brick inlays, various form liner and various colour mixes.
10. What is the procedure to manufacture a precast panel?
Steel beds are cleaned and oiled. Panels are set up in accordance with the shop drawings ie formwork set up dimensionally correct, steel reinforcement and cast in items. Once set up the concrete is poured into each layout. Panels are then screeded and trowelled. They are left over night to dry. The panels are then stripped, handled & stored. Panels must be cured for at least three days before they can be erected on site.